Bishop Jakes Brings Experts to Orlando for International Pastors and Leadership Conference
Jakes to Address Majority of Pastors Confessing Their Role Is Overwhelming
The charge to lead a church or congregation does not come without a cost—in fact, a recent survey1 reveals that 54 percent of pastors find the role frequently overwhelming. Bishop T.D. Jakes—international thought-leader, New York Times best-selling author and megachurch pastor—is assembling both national and global leaders in Orlando next week to combat this issue for his highly anticipated International Pastors and Leadership Conference, April 21 – 23, at the Orange County Convention Center.
“As the pastor of The Potter’s House church in Dallas, I understand the plight and struggles pastors’ face in their role to help others,” said Bishop T.D. Jakes. “This year, we are focusing on clarity of thought and execution to avoid executive-level burnout. Leaders will leave this conference refreshed with advanced knowledge of better life-work balance, as well as new insights into the tools and strategies to reach their goals.”
The International Pastors and Leadership Conference is a unique training event that hosts thousands of cross-denominational and cross-cultural faith leaders and church administrators with the goal of helping to transform their ministries in the areas of worship, technology, business, leadership and direction. Conference attendees can expect exposure to modern practices and resources during breakout sessions.
2016 International Pastors and Leadership Conference
April 21 – April 23
Orange County Convention Center
9800 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819
- Bishop T.D. Jakes, senior pastor of The Potter’s House
- Mrs. Serita Jakes, executive director of women’s and children’s affairs of The Potter’s House
- Pastor John Hagee, founder and senior pastor of Cornerstone Church
- Pastor Sheryl Brady, campus pastor of The Potter’s House of North Dallas
- Marcus Lamb, founder and president of Daystar Television Network
- Dr. Cynthia James, director of Christian education for The Potter’s House
- Dr. Jerome Campher, senior pastor and founder of New Faith Church in Cape Town, South Africa
- Pastor Steven Furtick, lead pastor of Elevation Church
- Dr. Antipas Harris, founding director of the Youth & Urban Renewal Center and associate director of the Doctor of Ministry program at Regent University School of Divinity
- Pastor Wayne R. Crozier, founder and pastor of Abundant Life Ministries
- Dr. John Townsend, New York Times best-selling author, business consultant, leadership coach and psychologist
On-site Media Opportunities:
Interview attendees and speakers (limited opportunities), capture b-roll of speakers and attendees
To apply for a media credential, complete this form in full. Media will be notified via email regarding the status of his or her application, including an initial, automated receipt-of-application email. For advance media interview requests, please call 770.813.0000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The on-site contact is Janna Dawson, 678.787.0536 (mobile) or Jordan Hora 214.608.2006 (mobile).
Visit PastorsandLeaders.org for all confirmed speakers, talent, the full schedule and special event updates. Stay connected via Twitter by following @plconf.
1LifeWay Research study, “Despite Stresses, Few Pastors Give Up on Ministry.” Sponsored by the North American Mission Board and Richard Dockins, M.D. and published Sept. 1, 2015.
About The Potter’s House
Located in Dallas, The Potter’s House is a 30,000-member nondenominational, multicultural church and humanitarian organization led by Bishop T. D. Jakes, twice featured on the cover of Time magazine as “America’s Best Preacher” and as one of the nation’s “25 Most Influential Evangelicals.” The Potter’s House has four locations: The Potter’s House of Dallas, The Potter’s House of Fort Worth, The Potter’s House of North Dallas and The Potter’s House of Denver. ThePottersHouse.org.