Drawing 21,000 Women Thu for Message from T.D. Jakes, Woman, Thou Art Loosed! Conference Continues
More than 21,000 women gathered at the Georgia World Congress Center Thursday to kick off Woman, Thou Art Loosed! The Grand Finale. Conference creator, pastor and global leader T.D. Jakes opened the first session noting the longevity of the conference. His wife, Serita Jakes, led with a prayer for her husband, telling him, “Welcome to your homecoming! You had no idea how significant your message would be in this hour. You invited us home.”
Throughout the evening, the women in attendance responded powerfully to Jakes’ message based on Genesis 42:17-28 and the story of Joseph being sold into captivity by his brothers. “Similar to Joseph, God might be telling his story through your life. Joseph loved his brothers, but they hurt him, but then famine and hunger brought them back together,” said Jakes. “Maybe God has ordered a famine in your life to humble your stubborn self. Maybe God had to send a famine to connect you with your own family. Maybe he blessed you with a famine because a famine makes you talk and observe another point of view.”
Continuing today and Saturday, Sept. 23-24, Woman, Thou Art Loosed! The Grand Finale is the culmination of the premiere Christian women’s conference that has grown in momentum to become a movement, attracting hundreds of thousands of women to events since 1996 and spurring an eponymous stage play and movie. A source of inspiration to women for more than 25 years, Woman, Thou Art Loosed! chose to host its final conference in Atlanta, where the very first conference was held.
Friday program highlights will include sessions with:
- Serita A. Jakes, executive director of The Potter’s House women’s ministry
- Sarah Jakes Roberts, co-senior pastor of The Potter’s House OneLA
- Priscilla Shirer, founder of Going Beyond Ministries
- Evening “Girl Talk” sessions featuring business titans and Fortune 500 leaders:
- Cynt Marshall, CEO of the Dallas Mavericks
- Janice Bryant Howroyd, CEO and founder of the ActOne Group
- Valerie Lowe, senior vice president North America for the Coca-Cola Company
- Nana Gecaga, CEO of the Kenyatta International Convention Centre
- Hattie Hill, CEO and president of the T.D. Jakes Foundation
- On-site media opportunities with select speakers
- On-site photo and video opportunities of each session, as well as archived photo availability
About Woman, Thou Art Loosed!
Woman, Thou Art Loosed! began as a Sunday school curriculum in 1992 by Bishop Jakes and has since birthed a best-selling book, a widely acclaimed stage play, a GRAMMY®-nominated album and a national conference that has drawn more than a half million women from around the world. In October 2004, Woman, Thou Art Loosed! was developed into a movie in collaboration with Reuben Cannon Productions and became a box office top-10 hit, winning a 2005 NAACP Image Award. More information can be found at WTAL.org
About The Potter's House
Located in Dallas, The Potter’s House is a 30,000-member nondenominational, multicultural church and humanitarian organization led by Bishop T. D. Jakes, who was twice featured on the cover of Time magazine as “America’s Best Preacher” and as one of the nation’s “25 most influential evangelicals.” The Potter’s House has four locations, The Potter’s House of Dallas, The Potter’s House of Fort Worth, The Potter’s House of North Dallas, and The Potter’s House OneLA, and a Spanish language church, Casa de Fe. More information can be found at ThePottersHouse.org.